Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Crème Fraiche Start

I've decided to make my own creme fraiche.  I used a small amount of ingredients for my first time to see how it turns out.  Late last night I got the wild hair to go for it. 

I used just short of 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons of buttermilk.  I combined them in a clear glass jar and left it on the counter with out a lid.  It's supposed to develope into a thick consistancy within 12 to 24 hours.  The thicker and creamier you want it the longer you're to keep it out. 

When I woke up this morning this is what it looked like.


By this afternoon it's developed a bit more, seeming to get thicker and has a layer on the bottom and the top that appear to be much thicker.

I'm unsure if I'm to stir it so I'm going to go ahead and leave it alone.  Come tomorrow morning I should have my creme fraiche results.  I shall keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment