I woke up this morning to a quiet house. Husband and son left for work, my daughter fast asleep in her bed. Just me, the dog, and a pot of coffee. Perfect time for me to work on my WIP that I'm always talking about.
Sitting at my computer, at the kitchen table, I had a thought. What is the key to my happiness? I'm not talking about the grandiose kind of happiness that one strives for in life...but the happiness that comes with my writing life. Writing happiness that makes me feel whole and fulfilled, each and every day.
I composed a list. Here it is and these are in no particular order:
1) fresh flowers in my home
3) my dog lying at my feet while I write
4) colored pens
5) soft music in an otherwise quiet house
6) a clean house
7) being able to write each and every day, even if it's only 250 words
9) a variety of journals/notebooks to write in
10) researching for my plot and characters
What makes you happy in your writing life? Or your creative outlet life?